Monday, January 12, 2009

The Mental Management Goal Setting System I Used

OK, here is the first of many updates on my journey to change my weight and physical well being. The first step has already been accomplished; setting the goal. I thought I would review the Mental Management Goals Setting System I am using. It has 10 simple to understand steps:

1. Define a goal worth trading your life for. - Weight 169 and become physically fit.
2. Set a date. - prior to Dec 31, 2009
3. List the pay value - Look great, feel great and extend my life.
4. List the obstacles - My attitudes and habits about food and exercise.
5. Formulate a plan - Get an accurate evaluation of my current fitness by meeting with my physician and trainers. Lose a pound a week for 50 weeks. Change my eating habits and attitudes about food, change the type of exercise I do and become more consistent with it and to record my intake of calories on my website. Example - Begin by doing at least 15 min of cardio a day with heart rate at 130 BPM, Perform the isometrics or other exercises suggested by my trainers and eating no more than 1700 calories per day. I record everything I eat on my website at www.livestrong.com.
6. Evaluate the plan - How will this affect my fundamental values, my family and my business. - No conflicts in any of these areas.
7. Put the plan on a calendar. - I exercise every morning and I put what I eat on my website prior to going to bed at night.
8. Stay focused and keep up. - No problem here. I run a family owned business and they are all watching me like a hawk.
9. Hang on until the end or trade up. - Nothing to trade up to better than this on my health list so far.
10. Never reach a goal without setting another one to attempt when you have reached this one. - Keep it off.

No comments:

Post a Comment