Thursday, January 15, 2009

Weight Change update 1.15.09

We are at 214. There is good news and bad news about this. First the bad news. I cannot tell that I am losing weight yet. You know, if you are carrying around about 70 extra pounds of useless weight dropping only 5 pounds just doesn't seem to make much of a difference. But here is the really good news; I have managed to exercise every day, I have not missed a day in recording my calories, I have read and rehearsed my Directive Affirmations every day and I have lost 10% of my goal of losing 50 pounds in about 15 days.

Weight change will not be permanent unless there is a change in a person's self-image. The self-image contains both habits and attitudes. Changing habits begins with changing behavior. Changing attitudes begins by changing priorities. I have begun to do both. My eating habits, recording habits and exercise habits have changed. Also, it is a huge priority now for me to drop this weight. I think about getting slim every time I read my Directive Affirmation. At present my self-image is still fragile and I need to stay disciplines to continue on this track. I appreciate so much the dozens of encouraging emails I have received on this effort.

No comments:

Post a Comment