Monday, January 12, 2009

Weight Change Update 1.12.09

Here is what as happened to me so far. First I began to track my food intake and discovered that much of what I like to eat is not going to survive a 1700 calorie a day limit. Nothing has to go completely but fast food and big portions are not going to get me under that total. So, how am I doing?

I have been on the program for 12 days and I have not missed a day of exercise. I am dripping wet after just 20 minutes on the elliptical I use at home. Guess I am really out of shape. I find that the first six minutes are uncomfortable but the rest of the time is doable and although not fun it is no problem for me.

I have managed to stay under 1700 calories every day except for last Saturday when Helen and I went out to eat at Ruth's Chris Steak House to celebrate our birthdays and that day I topped out at 1855. I should not gain too much from that day as several days before the intake was below 1600 in a row. The real test will be how I do in the long haul.

I weigh 216 today which is a loss of 3 pounds. The first 2 came off rather quickly with the last pound taking longer but I am satisfied that the program is doing what it is supposed to do.

See you soon.

Lanny

1 comment: